Spark CrossFit – Weightlifting & Barbell
Warm Up and Skill
– 750/600m Row or 1.0/.8mile Bike
– Joint Prep
– Barbell Warm-up
Welcome to week 4 of this 12-week cycle! For this first 6 weeks, we will alternate:
– Snatch variations in weeks 1, 3, and 5 and Clean & Jerk variations in weeks 2, 4, and 6
– Strength work between pressing, pulling, and squatting
– Accessory work with a focus on core stabilization and functional mobility
Work hard to develop good habits to build a solid foundation for when we crank up the intensity toward the end of the year! TECHNIQUE IS EVERYTHING!
A: 3-position snatch (Hip, Above Knee. Below Knee)
15min to build to a strong and stable max.
– Deadlift the bar to the power position (Vertical torso, knees bent).
– USING NO WIND-UP (dip/drive), violently extend hips, knees, & ankles, then pull yourself under the bar.
– Return to the hip, trace down the thigh, pause at the knee, then change direction and complete the lift
– Repeat below the knee.
Draw a line on the floor and line up with it for each rep. JUMPING FORWARD WILL BE CONSIDERED A MISSED LIFT. Having to take a small step or two forward to save a lift is ok.
B: Clean Deadlift (5×5)
Double overhand grip, no hook grip. Grip will be a limiter, thad by design.
Give athletes 5-6min to build, then start a 2min clock and build across 5 sets
Goal: 120% of Max Clean
Strength Accessory & Core
C1: Weighted Step-ups; 3×10/leg
*Kb/DB are fine, any position/setup
C2: Renegade Rows; 3×10/side
C3: DB Alt Bench Press; 3×10/side